Monday, September 13, 2010

Our weekend!

We had quite the productive weekend! First of all I want to say Happy 30 months to my precious daughter, Miss Ellison! I cannot believe she is 2 1/2 years old!

I definitely am experiencing some nesting urges. After a short week of school/work, Ellison and I had a very busy Friday running errands. We started the morning with a coffee/doughnut playdate with our friends, The Ogles. We all rode together to get some Dunkin Doughnuts & coffee for the mamas :) then we took the kids to the park to play. After that, Ellison and I ate lunch with my grandmother...thanks Nan! Then we ran a couple of errands, finally headed home for naps. After naps we had to run a few more errands and ended the evening back at our friends house for dinner. We had pizza and the kids played. It was a great ending to a busy day!

On Saturday we had some family time at home then met up with our friends at a park for some morning play time. Our original plan was to attend this "Fall Fest" near the mall but it did not turn out to be quite what we were expecting. Around lunch time, we loaded up and headed to Columbia to visit Connor's grandparents and to attend Ellison's cousins (Lee) first birthday party! We had a great time and Ellison enjoyed all of the sweet treats :) We headed home (Ellison still had no nap at this point) to prepare for an evening spent watching the VOLS play some football! Ellison was dressed in her appropriate attire of course...

Looking cute for football time in TN!


She wanted to pose for the camera with her heels on


Watching the game


Our little VOL routing for her team!
The cheerleader outfit she is wearing in this picture was mine when I was Ellison's age. It fits her perfect!

After Ellison went to bed and Connor was occupied with all of the football entertainment on, my best friend Nikki came over to have some girl time outside on our patio. It was a great night for it and we had a blast! I am so thankful for my girlfriends :)

Yesterday was my nesting day. Ellison was home for most of the morning then my parents came to get her for a few hours so Connor and I could get some stuff done on our "to do" list. I washed ALL of Eli's clothes, bedding, car seat cover, toy seat covers, etc. I got all of his baby clothes organized by sizes and wrote a new "to do list" for before he arrives. Connor and I got some things organized in the attic and pulled out our Fall decorations which I hope to get up later this week. We set up the bassinet/moses basket in our room for Eli and I cleaned up the house a little bit. It was very productive but I still feel like I have SO much to do! I know I have about 8 weeks before he arrives but our weekends are starting to fill up and who really knows when Eli may make his precious appearance :)

We are starting another full work week and then this upcoming weekend is really our last open weekend with not having much to do. We will probably try to get more things done for Eli's room and paint the kids bathroom. We hope everyone had a great weekend and we will catch up later this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy two and a half Ms. Ellison! I can't believe it! Orange is a great color for her. So glad I hung on to that Vol outfit!!! Fun times to come. Love you all, GJ