Thursday, November 11, 2010

Welcome Eli Alexander Ball "Elic"

On Friday morning (November 5th) we had our 39 week doctor's appointment to check on our little man. Well since I had progressed to 3cm, was having somewhat consistent contractions and for the fact that my doctor was going to be on-call all weekend, she went ahead and stripped my membranes (sorry if that is TMI). She said she was expecting to see me come in later that night or early Saturday morning. Well sure enough late that afternoon the contractions really started coming (with pain). We timed them for 2 hours and they ranged from 3 to 5 minutes apart. My parents came to grab Ellison and we headed to the hospital around 7pm.

We got into our room and they hooked me up to the monitors. I wasn't officially admitted yet...I was on observation for a couple hours to see if my contractions were really showing I was in labor. To shorten the story...after a LONG night of observation I was officially admitted at around 5am on Saturday morning.



I got my IV started, filled out some paper work, had some blood drawn and at around 7:00 my doctor came in the check on me. She went ahead and broke my water...I was at around 5cm. Then at 7:30ish I had my epidural placed and they started me on potosin (sp?). Well within just 45 minutes I went from 5cm to 10cm. I pushed for 5 minutes (about 3 good pushes) and our baby boy was welcomed into the world...

Eli Alexander Ball (will go by Elic)
Born: Saturday, November 6th at 8:32am
7 pounds and 11ounces    19.5inches long


Our son...Elic

Holding him right after delivery

I was overjoyed with emotion
Mommy, daddy and Elic

We had lots of visits from family and friends while we were in the hospital. Ellison stayed very distracted and entertained by lots of family members (thank you everyone who helped out with Ellison!). Connor took Ellison on a daddy/daughter date while I was in the hospital with Elic. They went to Build A Bear...Ellison made Elic a doggy stuffed animal and made herself a pink princess bear. She was SO proud of herself and the gift she made for her baby brother.
(Sorry for so many photos...)

Ellison meeting her brother for the first time

Our family of 4!

I love this picture

Snoozing with mommy

Uncle Ben and Aunt Heather

Uncle Gogo with mommy and Elic

Mommy and her babies

Such a proud big sister

My best friend Nikki...

Daddy having some cuddle time with his son

My little peanut


Meeting granddaddy and Jen

I love him SO much!

The gift Ellison gave her baby brother...a puppy she made at Build A Bear

Loving on his daddy

So sweet

Meeting Poppy

GJ and her grandson

Elic with his MeMac

Uncle Gogo

Aunt Sarah

Big sister and baby brother

Nan and her great grandson

The cutest and sweetest big sister

Family photo!

Claude meeting Elic

My precious son

My little babies

Ellison showing love to her baby brother
              
We were discharged from the hospital on Monday right around lunch time. We met Ellison and my parents at our house to welcome home Baby Elic.

Getting ready to go home...



Loading up to go home...

Ellison welcoming Elic home

Helping carry Elic to the house

Our family of 4 at home

Sister and brother

GJ and Poppy with their grandkids...

Since our return home life has been CRAZY BUSY in the Ball household. It is quite an adjustment with having a 2 1/2 year old and newborn. We truly are loving and cherishing every minute. Yes our patience, boundaries and emotions are being tested and challenged throughout each day but we wouldn't change it for the world. Ellison LOVES and ADORES her baby brother...I can't put into words how heart melting it is to watch her care for him, kiss him, look at him, hold his hand, try to feed him her peanut butter toast in the morning and drink out of a straw :) She wakes up asking for her "baby" which means Elic not a baby doll. My heart is full of love, support, blessings, joy and most of all it feels so complete.

Thank you for the prayers, thoughts, messages, love, help and support that everyone has shown us during this special time in our lives!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! Elic is precious! I understand the challenges...but hang in there! Things will get so much easier! Enjoy your little man! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to meet Elic. Will call/email this week to check on a day. Want to bring food also.

Love you guys.
David, Delisa, Reed and Will