Monday, January 10, 2011

Elic is 2 months old!

I cannot believe my precious little son is 2 months old already! Elic you have changed SO much since you were born. We took you to the doctor a couple of days ago for your 2 month check and here are your stats...
Weight: 11 pounds and 6 ounces (42 percentile)
Height: 23 inches (53 percentile)

Compared to Ellison's stats at 2 month...
Her weight: 11 pounds and 5 ounces
Her height: 23 inches
So the only difference for them is Elic weighed 1 more ounce than she did...he just seems so much bigger at this age than she did!

These are some things that Elic is doing and has discovered in the past couple of weeks...
  • Holds his head up steady
  • Lifts his head and chest for moments when lying on his stomach
  • He is discovering his hands and loves to put them in his mouth (its funny we looked back and Ellison was already sucking her thumb at 2 months)
  • Follows objects and sounds with his head and eyes
  • Coos when people talk to him (especially to mommy and daddy)
  • Smiles when spoken too (it is truly the sweetest thing)
  • He is sleeping so much better! He gets his last feeding and goes to bed around 8pm and will sleep for about 6 hours (sometimes a little less) so I get up to nurse him between 1am and 2am then he goes right back to sleep til 5ish (he usually wants to eat just a little bit at this feeding which I am hoping will wean off in the next week or so. If he does eat at 5ish he will go back to sleep til 8. So I pretty much really only wake up once maybe twice. The other great thing is we put him to bed awake so he is learning to make himself go to sleep. He only cries off and on for a little bit before falling asleep.
  • He is only breastfeeding...no supplements with formula yet, which I hope it stays that way for a few more months. With Ellison I had to supplement at around 6 months.
  • He started "school" this week (not really) but I went back to work so he goes with me. It is just 2 days a week and he is in my class.
  • He is a moving machine...he loves to lay on his play mat...he stretches, pumps his legs, waves his arms and has tried to roll onto his side many time.
  • He is wearing a size 1 diaper and most of his clothing is 0 to 3 months!
Check out some recent photos of my handsome little fella...

Tummy time!

I know...it is a bit early to pull out the bumbo but he loves to be sitting on his bottom and holding his head up. So yesterday after melting down since I couldn't get him in a happy position I pulled the bumbo out and he loved it!

I truly honestly don't think he could be any more handsome...he doesn't even look like a baby anymore, he is a little man!

I could kiss this sweet face all day!

Smiley face :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, it has gone by so fast! He is a cutie pie! GJ