Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Elic is 6 months old!

It is true...my little fella is half a year old! I am shocked that time has gone by so fast, I am sad that he is growing up and changing so much right before my eyes but I am also loving this age! I totally forgot how much fun it is...
  • Elic loves spending his time grabbing his feet, rolling around, admiring his sister, laughing at the silly things his sister does (which is music to my ears!) and the boy just smiles non-stop!
  • He is sleeping 9 to 10 hour stretches so he goes to bed consistently at 7pm and wake up between 4 and 5am for a snack then goes back to sleep til 7:30ish. 
  • I am officially done nursing...I nursed him for the last time yesterday which was exactly the 6 month mark. I am proud of myself for making it this far but it is bittersweet. I had a hard time giving it up with Ellison. I am more at ease with him but it is frustrating at the same time because I didn't want to give up my body gave up (with both kiddos right around the same time). I tried everything to keep my supply up and I even was nursing consistently but my supply just went down. 
  • Elic is seriously so laid back and happy...Connor and I talk all the time about how easy Ellison was but we surprisingly think Elic may be just a small bit easier, I think because he is just so darn happy and hardly ever cries unless you can't feed him fast enough or he has a gas bubble. Ask anyone...the boy smiles at anything and everyone!
  • He is wearing a size 2 diaper, he is still little (we go to the doctor Monday for his well check so I will post stats) and is in 3-6 month clothing.
  • He eats solid food twice a day...he loves his solid food! He has tried sweet potatos, green beans, peas, carrots, squash, prunes, apples and pears. He loves all of them!
 Stinker!
 Enjoying some solids...
 He and his feet are best friends :)
 Pushing up
 Reaching for some toys!

6 Month Stats...
Weight: 15 lbs 4oz (12th percentile)
Length: 25 and 3/4 inches (24th percentile)
We still have a little man but he IS growing! :)
    As I have said many times before I just feel so blessed with my daughter and with my son. I couldn't imagine my life without either. I am such a proud mommy and can't wait for the many more memories I have to share with my two precious gifts...
    Happy 6 Months my sweet Elic!


    No comments: