Thursday, June 23, 2011

Guess what we started this week?!

Day 1 of swim lesson at Camp Nickajack!
Ellison walked dry and bravely in without any tears while mommy stayed behind! There was no where to secretly watch how she did. I was so nervous! She was gone for an hour and then she came walking back wet and proud :)
 Here she is walking back with the other groups to where the parents were waiting for pick up!
 Look at her all tough and proud :)
 They said she did great! I asked Ellison what she thought about it all and she responded with "Mommy I had so much fun, I cried just a little bit because I didn't want to go under water. It was just a little bit scary. But I did it!" She also received the nickname of The Little Mermaid (every kid gets assigned a nickname that they are called the whole week).
Ellison's friend Lillian! Luckily they ended up being in the same group...they didn't want to be separated!

All in all the first day was a success. Today is day 4 and she is loving it! By tomorrow we expect and have been promised that she will be jumping in the water (with no floatation device) and swimming under water back to the ladder and stairs without any assistance. I will let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Hi! I happened across your blog entry as I was looking for Camp Nickajack's phone number for a friend. I haven't been able to find a way to get into contact with them. Would you happen to still have their information? Thanks so much!

The Roberts Family said...

I too am looking for contact information. My oldest daughter took lessons there a few years back but I can't find the info. Please, help! :) tracyandguy@gmail.com