Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas is coming...

Well since my last post we have encountered many other Christmas festivities! Our month of December has been booked solid and continues to be that way til after Christmas. We picked out our tree, got it decorated (it took several attempts!).
Daddy putting on the tree topper! Mr. Bah Humbug himself :)
 Ellison hanging her first ornament...
Mommy's turn...
A reindeer and a happy Bah Humbug with a decorated tree :)

We attended the annual Dicken's Christmas in downtown Franklin...one of our favorite things to do as a family of 4! It was a rainy day and not very crowded but we still enjoyed getting out, seeing the characters and the beautiful tree!
 Family picture in front of the tree...
 Not sure which character this is...The Father of Christmas maybe?!

And for some reason I finally was super motivated to make the kids an advent calendar. I have wanted to do this last year but never sat down to figure out how to make one, the direction I wanted to go, etc. I have been looking at ideas on Pinterest, Etsy and other blogs. After pulling from several places this is what I came up with...there are still details to be added and a little clean up work but I wanted to get it up ASAP so the kids could start using it. I am proud of myself for the effort and will cherish having this to share with my children for years to come. It is special for sure...
 A close up of the ornaments...remembering details are missing!

 Each ornament has a card with a verse on one side and a description of the symbolism for the ornament on the other!
 The 3 kings is my favorite :)
The finished product!

No comments: