Saturday, December 22, 2012

Dance rehearsal...

My sweet baby girl is just getting too big too fast...I know every parent can say that about their child or children. It is so true! This past weekend Ellison had her very first ever dance recital. It was precious, priceless, an everlasting memory and such a proud parent moment. My goodness she looked beautiful (she always does) but with a touch of makeup, her bright red sequenced costume, her hair placed up (yes it took half a bottle of hair spray but we got it up!)...my baby girl was not a baby girl, she was a gorgeous ballerina!


We signed up to do dance at our local rec center. We had tried dance right when Elic was born at another facility but for the price we paid we were not pleased. So we took a break from it then picked it back up after finding out the rec center was offering a brand new program. The price for classes was and is a steal! I got her signed up a little late however she really enjoyed the class she was in. We are already signed up for the Spring and got into the ballet AND tap class. I cannot wait, I loved tap as a child and Ellison is pumped for it. She had the best time with her dance lessons and little friends. We know so many families and lots of Ellison's little friends take at the same place.

The theme of the recital was Winter Wonderland! It was held at a local church and over 500 tickets were sold! My mom and I took Ellison the the dress rehearsal on Friday night (my mom went because she wasn't able to make it to the actual performance).

 Ellison and her sweet friend Abbie at dress rehearsal...
 Ellison and Caitlin....
 Ellison and her GJ!
My girl...
 My goodness I wish time would stand still...

 Up on the stage practicing!
 She loves to dance!
Kick those legs girl...
 Love her moves...

For the finale all of the dancers came out on stage and sang Christmas carols...Ellison is sort of to the right wearing red.
 After the dress rehearsal, GJ had something special for Ellison. It was her first "big girl jewelry". A silver ballerina necklace with pink stone of the tutu...
 Putting her necklace on...she LOVED it! She won't take it for any reason, thank you GJ!
 A tired ballerina...

Next post will be the actual recital!



No comments: