Thursday, March 14, 2013

The rest of January...

Besides snow, January brought about a few things that we had been missing. One thing was school, believe it or not we ALL love school. Ellison asked every day over Christmas break, "When will I go back to school and play with all of my friends :)" Elic didn't necessarily care but I knew getting back into a routine was something he needed. I missed my class, the routine and the sweet girls I work with. Don't get me wrong, I adored having several weeks off to spend my my kiddos and family. However when you know reality has to start back up you get to a point when you just wanna say, "Bring it on!"
 Elic got right back into his routine...here is a sweet picture of him napping at school on his nap mat :) I am still amazed that he will lay still on such a small thing without getting up. I love him :)

  
My girl started to FINALLY wear a ponytail to school (we have waited almost 5 years for enough hair to do this without it looking crazy)! She was SO excited and she looks so big to me! She wears a ponytail at least every other day now :) 

We also started back into dance :) Ellison loves her dance classes. This semester we are doing ballet AND tap. She was ecstatic to try out tap with tap shoes. We can't wait for her recital in May!


We have been taking care of one of Ellison's sweet friends, Ms. Abbie, after school on Tuesdays. Her mommy is in nursing school so we take Abbie with us every Tuesday afternoon to play. It is great for the kids and of course when they are happy and occupied, mama is very happy and productive!

The weather around here has been crazy up and down but the kids have enjoyed playing in Ellison's new jeep she got for Christmas (they have ridden in it whether sunshine, clouds, cold or rain!). Ellison has also enjoyed riding her bike more. I think for awhile she had a hard time fully reaching the pedals but now she has it down and YES we usually always wear a helmet so disregard the picture :)


My little man enjoys tagging a long and following his sissy EVERYWHERE! He copies everything she does and say. Where she goes, he follows. Of course with their ages we mainly do play dates with Ellison's friends and Elic of course is with us. He still enjoys the play time (I think in this picture we are at Jump Zone!) He does a great job keeping up with the big kids and Ellison is wonderful at keeping an eye on him.

The other thing this little man of mine has started to do more of is using the big boy potty! We definitely have not pushing the pottying now have a attempted potty training him. That is a goal this summer. However after Christmas break he has used the potty at least once every two days and sometimes several days in a row. The other crazy thing is he almost insists on going #2 in the potty. He does not care so much about #1 but even this past week (we are in the middle of March now) he has gone #2 every night before bedtime in the potty. We will keep letting him go as he wants to and then I will nip it once school is out!

 This is him with his potty treat :)

And we have a renewed Zoo membership...we love it as I have mentioned before!


No comments: